RELIABILITY ANALYSIS OF VESSEL STEERING SYSTEM (DUAL ELECTRO-HYDRAULIC TYPE)
Reliability engineering analysis and reviews are reported of a dual electro-hydraulic steering system for large commercial merchant vessels. Recommendations are given to aid Coast Guard Design review, vessel inspections, and accident investigations. An assessment of the study results is stated for applications of the reliability analysis procedures to navigation systems and other maneuvering systems. Conclusions include consideration of comments from contacts with Coast Guard marine inspectors, American Bureau of Shipping surveyors, ship yard supervisors, and ship owner port engineers and chief engineers. Summaries are stated from literature search and from study of vessel casualty reports and listings.
General ElectricMarine Turbine & Gear Engineer, 1100 Western Ave
Lynn, MA United States 01910
- Ewing, L M
- Webster, C M
- Hackley, C L
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 139 p.
- TRT Terms: Hydraulic equipment; Maneuvering; Reliability; Ship pilotage
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydraulic systems; Steering system reliability
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00128972
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TR-958-198-111-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-43106-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 21 1976 12:00AM