PLANNING HANDBOOK: TRANSPORTATION
A Handbook on planning and implementing transportation projects for serving the elderly is presented. The Handbook contains sections on getting organized, developing a data base, designing the service, selecting the right equipment, running the project, putting a budget together, monitoring and evaluation, paying for the project and problems related to franchise conflicts, insurance costs and labor problems. The Handbook also contains a separate flow chart showing all the steps described in the Handbook and permits easy planning of all stages. The Handbook also contains four Annexes which include sample survey forms, a route information and development chart, a list of vehicle and other equipment suppliers, and sample layouts for developing an operating expense analysis.
Institute of Public Administration,
Administration on Aging300 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20203
- Revis, J
- Eckman, A
- Coit, R
- Davidson, J
- Revis, B
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 284 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Databases; Design; Finance; Financial responsibility; Handbooks; Insurance; Labor unions; Level of service; Mathematical models; Organization; Planning; Programming (Planning); Routes; Scheduling; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management; Services; Transportation models
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00094179
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: IPA/AoA-2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DHEW-93-P-57405/1-03
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1981 12:00AM