PLANNING HANDBOOK: TRANSPORTATION
A Handbook on planning and implementing transportation projects for serving the elderly is presented. The Handbook contains sections on getting organized, developing a data base, designing the service, selecting the right equipment, running the project, putting a budget together, monitoring and evaluation, paying for the project and problems related to franchise conflicts, insurance costs and labor problems. The Handbook also contains a separate flow chart showing all the steps described in the Handbook and permits easy planning of all stages. The Handbook also contains four Annexes which include sample survey forms, a route information and development chart, a list of vehicle and other equipment suppliers, and sample layouts for developing an operating expense analysis.
Institute of Public Administration,
Administration on Aging300 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20203
- Revis, J
- Eckman, A
- Coit, R
- Davidson, J
- Revis, B
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 284 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Databases; Design; Finance; Financial responsibility; Handbooks; Insurance; Labor unions; Level of service; Mathematical models; Organization; Planning; Programming (Planning); Routes; Scheduling; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management; Services; Transportation models
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00094179
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: IPA/AoA-2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DHEW-93-P-57405/1-03
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1981 12:00AM