SEAKEEPING TRIALS OF THE BH.7 HOVERCRAFT
Full-scale seakeeping trials of a 50-ton British hovercraft, the BH.7, were conducted off Cape Henry, Virginia in August 1973. Ship motions and wave height data were measured and recorded. The data was subsequently analyzed statistically. The craft, instrumentation systems and trials program are described and the results of the data analysis are presented and discussed. Response amplitude operators in pitch, heave and roll were computed from the power spectra and the results were interpreted using an equivalent damped oscillator model for pitch and heave motions.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterShip Performance Department
Bethesda, MD USA 20084
- Magnuson, A H
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 131 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; Marine transit; Seakeeping; Ship motion; Ship trials
- Old TRIS Terms: Hovercraft motions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00128968
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPD-574-01
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 21 1978 12:00AM