WHAT'S REALLY HAPPENING OUT THERE?
This is a survey of 'Traffic Safety' readers to learn about what's happening in the streets, such as trends that readers become aware of before they are recorded in the statistics. The survey covers amenities and options that are added to a basic unit and features that have more than one effect: for exapmle, anti-lock brakes protect a driver from running into something, but may make it harder for a following vehicle to brake in time to avoid a rear-end collision. The survey covers the following: air bags; seat belts; anti-lock brakes; 4-wheel steering; cruise control; power windows; power locks; power seats; telephones CB radios; tape decks; tinted glass; trailer hitches; compact spare tires; and emergency tire-changing systems.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1990-1
- Pagination: p. 10
- Traffic Safety (Washington)
- Volume: 90
- Issue Number: 1
- Publisher: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- TRT Terms: Air bags; Antilock brake systems; Antilock brake systems; Citizen band radio; Data collection; Four wheel drive; Safety; Safety equipment; Surveys; Vehicle safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular safety
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I80: Accident Studies;
- Accession Number: 00492170
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 31 1990 12:00AM