NON-POLLUTING, ANTIFOULING COMPOSITION AND METHOD
In this patent application objects which are designed to be submersed or submerged are rendered antifouling by using an organotin polymer wherein the tin is chemically combined in or bonded to the polymer. The polymer inhibits fouling of the exposed surface of the object while minimizing the effect on the surrounding environment due to reduced leaching of the organometallic compound from the polymer.
- Government-owned invention available for licensing.
Department of the NavyWashington, DC United States
- Dyckman, E J
- Montemarano, J A
- Anderson, D M
- Fischer, E C
- Ressler, R R
- Publication Date: 1974-1-31
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Antifouling coatings; Coatings; Patents
- Old TRIS Terms: Patents (Coatings)
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00128964
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pat. Appl.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 21 1976 12:00AM