ABSTRACTS OF THE 1971-1974 UNITED STATES AND FOREIGN OPEN LITERATURE ON NOISE. PART I
This document is a task report of effort directed toward a search of the open literature to provide some insight into the noise reduction effort outside of the Federal Government and in foreign countries. Abstracts from the search covered the period 1971 to 1974. Two primary sources were searched for abstracts: The Engineers Index and Pollution Abstracts. Nearly 1300 abstracts from 21 countries were screened and segregated into the following categories: Aircraft noise; building noise; general interest; machinery noise; noise effects on health; noise measurement instrumentation; and transportation noise. The distribution of abstracts within each technical area is summarized in the report, and a compilation of the abstracts is presented as an appendix and bound separately.
- Environmental protection technology series.
IIT Research Institute10 West 35th Street
Chicago, IL USA 60616
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Research and Development
Cincinnati, OH USA 45268
- Bergmann, E P
- Fieldhouse, I B
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Aircraft noise; Bibliographies; Building; Environment; Environmental impacts; Foreign; Governments; Labor relations; Machinery; Measuring instruments; Noise; Noise control; Project management; Public health; Reviews; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction; Projects; Transportation noise
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement
- Subject Areas: Environment; Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00094172
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/600/2-76/016A
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-01-2234
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM