PROPELLANT-ACTUATED DEEP WATER ANCHOR
The patent application relates to a propellant-actuated direct embedment anchor which utilizes simplified structural shapes and provides a rapid keying feature which allows the most efficient use of penetration energy. The anchor system has two major parts; a launch vehicle and a projectile which includes a piston and fluke. Two different fluke designs are provided to satisfy the realm of anticipated seafloor conditions (sand, clay, and rock). The launch vehicle consists of a launching system, a reaction vessel and a firing mechanism.
- Government-owned invention available for licensing.
Department of the NavyWashington, DC United States
- Taylor, R J
- Beard, R M
- Publication Date: 1974-2-4
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Anchoring; Patents
- Old TRIS Terms: Embedment anchors; Patents (Anchors)
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00128963
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-439 486
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 21 1976 12:00AM