COAL AND PUBLIC POLICIES
This is a compilation of papers presented on The Symposium on Coal and Public Policies, cosponsored by The University of Tennessee and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory and held on UT's Knoxville campus in October 1971. The collection of papers is designed to contribute to an understanding of the major mineral resource of the Appalachian region: coal-its markets, technology, and the private and social costs associated with its extraction and use.
- Presented at the Symposium on Coal and Public Policies Held at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee on October 13-15, 1971.
University of Tennessee, Knoxville203 Administration Building
Knoxville, TN USA 37996-0700
National Science Foundation1800 G Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20550
Oak Ridge National LaboratoryDepartment of Energy
Oak Ridge, TN USA 37831
- Schmidt-Bleek, F
- Carlsmith, R S
- Publication Date: 1972-2
- Pagination: 173 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Coal mining; Coal resources; Energy resources; Environmental impacts; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Fuel consumption; Marketing; Meetings; Policy; Social factors; Social impacts; Traffic forecasting
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Freight Transportation; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00094171
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSF/RA/N-72/087
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM