PRELIMINARY RESULTS OF VIBRATION GENERATOR TESTS ON NS SAVANNAH AT DOCKSIDE
Vibration-generator tests were made on N.S. Savannah at dockside in shallow water with none of the ship's equipment operating. Amplitudes of vibration measured on the hull and on selected items of equipment are reported. Areas where vibrations were excessive are listed. Recommendations are made for improving the vibratory response of items associated with the nuclear power plant.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number DTMB-1527.
David Taylor Model BasinStructural Mechanics Laboratory
Washington, DC United States
- Birmingham, J T
- Publication Date: 1961-5
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Equipment tests; Hulls; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull vibration; Nuclear reactor testing
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026428
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 1527
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1973 12:00AM