SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, SECTION A011, ROCKVILLE ROUTE
Results are summarized of seven supplementary test borings made in Section A011 of Rockville Route in four different locations, at the two stations in this section and near the planned Pooks Hill Road Power Substation of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro System. The purpose of the work was to supplement earlier exploration at the station entrances and ancillary structures. The report contains geological sections incorporating these new borings, logs of the borings, results of laboratory tests on soil samples obtained and a discussion of anticipated design and construction problems.
- Report Number 4. Authority, D.C. Prepared in cooperation with DeLeuw, Cather and Co., Inc., Washington, D.C. See also report dated 30 Sep 75, PB-245 761.
Mueser, Rutledge, Wentworth & JohnstonNew York, NY United States
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority950 l'Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, DC United States 20006
De Leuw, Cather and Company1201 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1975-12-31
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; Construction; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; General surface features of the earth; Geological surveying; Location; Rock mechanics; Routes; Structural design; Subways; Tunnels; Underground structures
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Tunnel design
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Borings location; Geologic sections; Subsurface explorations; Subway construction; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00094155
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-75-143
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1981 12:00AM