URBAN GOODS MOVEMENT DEMONSTRATION PROJECT DESIGN. APPENDIX H. POTENTIAL SOLUTIONS TO URBAN GOODS MOVEMENT PROBLEMS
The Appendix presents the findings of the Phase II process of the study. Solutions to urban goods movement problems are grouped according to the fundamental or secondary cause of each problem. The solutions are grouped into the following sections: Fundamental causes of cost; secondary causes of cost; fundamental causes of congestion; secondary causes of congestion; fundamental causes of energy consumption; secondary causes of energy consumption; fundamental causes of air pollution; secondary causes of air pollution; fundamental causes of noise pollution; secondary causes of noise pollution; fundamental and secondary causes of inefficient land use; miscellaneous solutions.
- Prepared in cooperation with Voorhees (Alan M.) and Associates, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Paper copy also available in set of 5 reports as PB-249 318-SET, PC$34.00.
Kearney (AT) and Company, Incorporated100 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL United States 60606
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
Voorhees (Alan M) and Associates, IncorporatedCambridge, MA United States
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 155 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Common carriers; Costs; Demonstration projects; Freight transportation; Fuel consumption; Highway traffic; Labor; Land use; Level of service; Management; Noise; Noise control; Problem solving; Recommendations; Routes; Traffic congestion; Trucks; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction; Services
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Energy; Environment; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Motor Carriers; Public Transportation; Research; Society;
- Accession Number: 00094146
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Phases 1&2 Final Rpt., UMTA-IL-06-0030-75-5
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-40007
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 2003 12:00AM