URBAN GOODS MOVEMENT DEMONSTRATION PROJECT DESIGN STUDY. APPENDIX D. CONGESTION ANALYSIS. APPENDIX E. ENERGY ANALYSIS. APPENDIX F. AIR POLLUTION ANALYSIS. APPENDIX G. NOISE ANALYSIS
The report contains four technical appendices developed as part of Phase I and Phase II of the Urban Goods Movement Demonstration Project Design. In the first task phases of the study, the primary objectives were to define qualitatively and quantitatively the contribution and impact of goods movement in urbanized areas to: traffic congestion, energy consumption, air pollution, noise pollution, inefficient land use, and cost of urban goods movement. From the analysis, problems associated with urban goods movement and their fundamental causes were identified and plausible solution to the problems were generated. Primary attention was focused on solutions which could be demonstrated and implemented in a 5-year timeframe and would require modest capital investment.
- Prepared in cooperation with Voorhees (Alan M.) and Associates, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Technical Supplement to Final Report on Phase 1&2. Paper copy also available in set of 5 reports as PB-249 318-SET, PC$34.00.
Kearney (AT) and Company, Incorporated100 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL USA 60606
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
Voorhees (Alan M) and Associates, IncorporatedCambridge, MA USA
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 203 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Cost estimating; Costs; Demonstration projects; Energy conservation; Estimates; Freight transportation; Fuel consumption; Highway traffic; Land use; Noise; Noise control; Problem solving; Traffic congestion; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Energy; Environment; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00094145
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IL-06-0030-75-4
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-40007
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 2003 12:00AM