CAVITATION INCEPTION AND HOW IT SCALES; A REVIEW OF THE PROBLEM WITH A SUMMARY OF RECENT RESEARCH
It is not the intent of this paper to provide yet another review of the general field of cavitation. Instead, it focuses on one aspect of the problem; namely the factors to be considered in using model tests to determine, with a reasonable degree of confidence, the prototype conditions which lead to the inception of cavitation. This paper touches on the broad aspects of cavitation scaling including a review of some of the problem that have been encountered in the past. Included is a discussion of the theoretical tools for analysis of the problem and a summary of some of the current cavitation research being carried out by the author and his colleagues at the Pennsylvania State University.
- Symposium on High Powered Propulsion of Large Ships, Part 2, December 10-13, 1974, Wageningen, Netherlands. Entire proceedings-2 volumes, 26 papers-available for $21.00.
Netherlands Ship Model BasinHaagsteed 2, P.O. Box 28
- Arndt, REA
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Model testing
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00128943
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Netherlands Ship Model Basin
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 490
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM