AN ASSESSMENT OF THE CRASHWORTHINESS OF EXISTING URBAN RAIL VEHICLES. VOLUME II: ANALYSES AND ASSESSMENTS OF VEHICLES, CHAPTERS 8 THROUGH 12 AND APPENDIXES AND REFERENCES
This publication presents information related to the following: Railcar override; Priority areas for the development of cost effective improved car structures; Preliminary design study of impact energy absorbing device; Cost effectiveness of structural improvements; Development of uniform standards.
- Paper copy also available in set of 2 reports as PB-249 141-SET, PC$13.00.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY USA 14225
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Cassidy, R J
- ROMEO, D J
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 171 p.
- TRT Terms: Collisions; Cost effectiveness; Crash injury research; Crashes; Crashworthiness; Design; Forecasting; Injuries; Mathematical models; Passenger cars; Passenger transportation; Passengers; Railroad cars; Rapid transit; Research; Risk analysis; Safety; Safety engineering; Safety equipment; Standards; Structural design; Structural engineering; Transportation safety; Urban transportation; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Passenger safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger car design; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Design; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00094137
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTAMA06-0025-7516V2Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-681
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1981 12:00AM