GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND OPERATING INFORMATION FOR EXPERIMENTS 5 AND 7 IN THE ORR PRESSURIZED-WATER LOOP
Analysis is presented of nonsintered fuel rods irradiated in the A-1 and A-2 pressurized-water loop concurrently. Fuel specimens, assembled in clusters of three, were fabricated primarily by fused-and-ground uranium dioxide; the cold swaged method was also utilized. Predicted loop performance characteristics (including temperature, enthalpy, density, velocity, and friction factor) for both experiments are presented for nominal and scram conditions.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number ORNL-CF-61-11-58.
Oak Ridge National LaboratoryP. O. Box 2008
Oak Ridge, TN United States 37831
Union Carbide Nuclear Company,
- Haynes, V O
- Publication Date: 1961-11-1
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuel elements; Fuel systems; Nuclear reactors; Operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor fuel elements; Nuclear reactor operation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026420
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: W-7405-eng-26
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 13 1973 12:00AM