MEASUREMENT OF FULL SCALE WAKE CHARACTERISTICS AND THEIR PREDICTION FROM MODEL RESULTS - STATE OF THE ART
In order to obtain the vibratory forces of a propeller or to inspect its cavitation phenomena, not only the mean wake but also the state of the wake distribution at the propeller position should be clarified. Recently, many full-scale measurements on the ship's wake have been carried out, and the nature of the scale effect on the wake has been gradually cleared. This paper explains several measuring techniques for the full-scale wake and the measured results. Typical methods to predict the ship's wake from the model results are described.
- Symposium on High Powered Propulsion of Large Ships, Part 1, December 10-13, 1974, Wageningen, Netherlands. Entire proceedings-2 volumes, 26 papers-available for $21.00.
Netherlands Ship Model BasinHaagsteed 2, P.O. Box 28
- Yokoo, K
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Propellers; State of the art; Vibration; Vibration control; Wakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller vibration; Wake measurement
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00128935
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Netherlands Ship Model Basin
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 490
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM