CITY OF CLEVELAND NEIGHBORHOOD ELDERLY TRANSPORTATION (N.E.T.) PROJECT. DIAL-A-BUS
The project establishes for people 60 years of age and older what is variously called 'demand responsive,' 'dial-a-bus,' and 'dial-a-ride' door-to-door local transportation service with vehicles specifically adapted to the needs of older persons. The demonstration project, sponsored by the city of Cleveland, Ohio, services three neighborhoods (Buckeye, Model Cities, and Tremont) selected, among other reasons, on the basis of large concentrations of elderly citizens. Seventeen thousand (17,000) persons 60 years and older reside within these three areas which encompass approximately ten square miles. Revenue service began in mid-March, 1975, and by the end of May, 1975, over 21,000 Dial-A-Bus passengers were carried. The report documents the implementation efforts and actual operational experience.
- Prepared in cooperation with DAVE Systems, Inc., San Francisco, Calif. Quarterly Report. See also PB-253237.
Cleveland, City, OhioCleveland, OH United States
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
DAVE Systems, Incorporated625 3rd Street
San Francisco, CA United States 94107
- McLaughlin, B
- LAKE, G
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Pagination: 79 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Demand responsive transportation; Demonstration projects; Door to door service; Implementation; Level of service; Management; Neighborhoods; Operations; Paratransit services; Planning; Revenues; Travel demand; Urban areas; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Operational analysis; Services; Systems management
- Geographic Terms: Ohio
- Old TRIS Terms: Dial-a-bus
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00094128
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrm Rpt., UMTA-OH-06-0018-75-1
- Contract Numbers: OH-06-0018
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1981 12:00AM