A HOLOGRAPHIC STUDY OF CAVITATION INCEPTION ON A HEMISPHERICAL NOSED BODY
A new method for the observation of cavitation phenomena is introduced. It consists of a three-dimensional imaging technique, called holography. Photographs of the reconstructions of holograms showing cavitation inception phenomena on a hemispherical nose are presented and compared with observations made by Arakeri. In addition, some holograms are presented showing the influence of polymer injection on cavitation.
- Symposium on High Powered Propulsion of Large Ships, Part 2, December 10-13, 1974, Wageningen, Netherlands. Entire proceedings-2 volumes, 26 papers-available for $21.00.
Netherlands Ship Model BasinHaagsteed 2, P.O. Box 28
- van der Meulen, JHJ
- Oosterveld, N B
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Holography; Propellers
- Old TRIS Terms: Holographic techniques
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00128932
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Netherlands Ship Model Basin
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 490
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM