TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER IN SELECTED HIGHWAY AGENCIES
This synthesis will be of interest to administrators, technology transfer officials, college/university educators, and others concerned with technology transfer. Information is presented on how information about new technology is disseminated and how the use of new technology is actively promoted. Technology transfer is an integral part of the research and engineering functions. This report of the Transportation Research Board describes the technology transfer process as it is carried out in state highway departments and Rural Technology Assistance Program technology transfer centers. It critically discusses various mechanisms that are used to share information (e.g., research reports, short courses, videotapes, etc.) with interested users. Methods for accelerating the process by which new technology information can be shared and used are also considered.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0309045606
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Hodgkins, E A
- Publication Date: 1989-12
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 44 p.
- NCHRP Synthesis of Highway Practice
- Issue Number: 150
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0547-5570
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Highway transportation; Technology transfer
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Highways; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00491154
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0-309-04560-6
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Feb 28 1990 12:00AM