CONCEPTUAL DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF THE TRACKED MAGNETICALLY LEVITATED VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM (TMLV). REPULSION SCHEME. VOLUME III. APPENDIX G. 5 DOF COMPUTER PROGRAM
This report summarizes the studies of a program to establish the technology of magnetic suspension for ultimate use in a passenger-carrying high-speed ground transportation (HSGT) system - at speeds on the order of 134 m/s (300 mph). Magnetic Levitation (MAGLEV) is one of the advanced vehicle suspension concepts considered as alternatives to conventional transportation modes in the short-haul regime. This third volume contains the computer programs for the solution of the equations of motion for 5 degrees-of-freedom, and a summary of the analytical background. These programs provide the capability for performing stability analyses of magnetically levitated vehicles, and for evaluating vehicle response and ride quality characteristics for operation over guideways with irregularities. Each program is listed along with a sample run. The programs are written in BASIC language for use on time-sharing systems.
- Record URL:
- Prepared in cooperation with Ford Motor Co., Dearborn, Mich. Scientific Research Staff. Paper copy also available in set of 4 reports as PB-247 930-SET, PC$22.00.
Philco-Ford CorporationAeronautronic Division, Ford Road
Newport Beach, CA United States 92663
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
Ford Motor CompanyScientific Research Staff, American Road
Dearborn, MI United States 48121
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 93 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Computer programs; Costs; Degrees of freedom; Design; Electromagnetic fields; Guideways; High speed track; Induction motors; Intelligent transportation systems; Linear induction motors; Magnetic levitation; Magnetic levitation vehicles; Rapid transit; Superconducting magnets; Suspension systems; Suspensions; Tracked vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Basic programming language; High speed tracked vehicles; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00094116
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PF-TMLV-TR-0037B Final Rpt., FRA/ORD-75-21B
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40024
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1981 12:00AM