CONCEPTUAL DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF THE TRACKED MAGNETICALLY LEVITATED VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM (TMLV). REPULSION SCHEME. VOLUME II. APPENDICES A - F
This report summarizes the studies of a program to establish the technology of magnetic suspension for ultimate use in a passenger-carrying high-speed ground transportation (HSGT) system - at speeds on the order of 134 m/s (300 mph). Magnetic Levitation (MAGLEV) is one of the advanced vehicle suspension concepts considered as alternatives to conventional transportation modes in the short-haul regime. This volume presents some details of the mathematical analysis associated with the MAGLEV vehicle dynamics and control (i.e., ride quality) in Appendices A through D; the noise or acoustic characteristics associated with the baseline Hamilton Standard Q-fan air propulsion system (Appendix E); and the Raytheon final report for the linear synchronous motor (LSM) studies (Appendix F).
- Record URL:
- Prepared in cooperation with Ford Motor Co., Dearborn, Mich. Scientific Research Staff. Paper copy also available in set of 4 reports as PB-247 930-SET, PC$22.00.
Philco-Ford CorporationAeronautronic Division, Ford Road
Newport Beach, CA United States 92663
Washington, DC United States 20590
First Atomic Ship Transport, IncorporatedScientific Research Staff
New York, NY United States 10006
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 142 p.
- TRT Terms: Electromagnetic fields; Ground vehicles; Guideways; High speed track; Induction motors; Intelligent transportation systems; Linear induction motors; Magnetic levitation; Magnetic levitation vehicles; Mathematical analysis; Rapid transit; Superconducting magnets; Suspension systems; Suspensions; Tracked vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic properties
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; High speed tracked vehicles; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00094115
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PF-TMLV-TR-0037A Final Rpt., FRA/ORD-75-21A
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40024
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1981 12:00AM