STATE AND COMMUNITY PROGRAM AREA REPORT. ALCOHOL COUNTERMEASURES. 1984-1985
This report summarizes alcohol traffic safety activities, programs and expenditures that States undertook in 1984. It describes the legislative changes that took place throughout the Nation, with emphasis on certain high interest legislation shown to be important in facilitating deterrence and prevention of impaired driving. The report outlines a representative sample of innovative projects, which States implemented to reduce drunk driving crashes. The projects exemplify the comprehensive, community-based and financially self-sufficient approach that offers the most effective means toward a long term solution of this problem. The report also details the distribution of Federal alcohol traffic safety funds over the years, current fiscal allocations for prevention activities and the scope and nature of relevant legislative change.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1985-9
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholic beverages; Communities; Countermeasures; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Expenditures; Finance; Financing; Laws; Public relations; Safety; State government; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Community support; Deterrence
- Subject Areas: Finance; Law; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00495882
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-806 822
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 31 1990 12:00AM