A FEASIBILITY STUDY OF AN AMES-DES MOINES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT SHUTTLE SERVICE
Although several alternatives exist for transporting people to the Des Moines International Airport, which include personal automobile, Greyhound bus service, a taxi service and several limousine services, an increasing number of inquiries as to service to this airport have lead to this feasibility study being undertaken to ascertain the demand and viability of providing an airport shuttle service. Many of the current services are not equipped to handle handicapped individuals, require 1 or more days advance notice, and are expensive. Thus, this two part study assesses the demand for a shuttle service for different market segments and projects costs of providing such a service for varying levels of service.
Ames Transit Agency1700 West 6th Street
Ames, IA United States 50010
- Weis, R E
- Publication Date: 1990
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Costs; Feasibility analysis; Level of service; Shuttle service; Travel demand
- Identifier Terms: Des Moines International Airport
- Geographic Terms: Iowa
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00495414
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1990 12:00AM