TRADE-OFFS IN SUB-CAVITATING PROPELLER DESIGN
A general account of the present state-of-the-art of the selection of design parameters which minimize or control the cavitation performance of marine propellers. The various trade-offs, or compromises, in the selection of the design parameters are discussed.
- Symposium on High Powered Propulsion of Large Ships, Part 1, December 10-13, 1974, Wageningen, Netherlands. Entire Proceedings - 2 volumes, 26 papers - available for $21.00. Also published in International Shipbuilding Progress, V3, N264, August, 1976, pp 245-271.
Netherlands Ship Model BasinHaagsteed 2, P.O. Box 28
- Van Oossanen, P
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 66 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Propellers; State of the art; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller design; Subcavitating propellers
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00128922
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Netherlands Ship Model Basin
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 490
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM