PRELIMINARY EVALUATION OF THE VOLUNTARY TIRE REGISTRATION SYSTEM
This preliminary evaluation examines whether voluntary registration increased the proportion of all types of tires (excluding off-road tires) which are registered, the extent to which dealers and distributors have encouraged first purchasers to register their tires, and the extent to which the dealers and distributors have followed the registration procedures. The study reviewed the following: tire recall history between 1978 and 1984; percentage of tires which were registered under both mandatory and voluntary registration, for both the independent dealers and distributors now covered by VTR, and as a comparison group, for the company-owned or controlled outlets still subject to mandatory registration procedures; attitudes and practices of independent tire dealers and distributors toward VTR; and consumer experience.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Levy, S A
- Publication Date: 1985-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Consumers; Evaluation; Registrations; Retail trade; Tires
- Uncontrolled Terms: Distributors
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00492217
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-806 831
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 31 1990 12:00AM