NEEDS FOR IMPROVING LIVESTOCK TRANSPORT AND HANDLING FACILITIES
The needs for engineering improvements in facilities and equipment for transporting livestock by all transport modes are discussed. The export of United States' breeding livestock is growing at a rapid rate, and areas in which agricultural engineers can contribute to the development of equipment and standards for exporting livestock are reviewed. Plates show facilities.
- Presented at the 67th Annual Meeting, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, June 23-26, 1974 and the Winter Meeting, Chicago, Ill., December 10-13, 1974.
American Society of Agricultural Engineers2950 Niles Road, P.O. Box 410
St Joseph, MI USA 49085
- ASHBY, B H
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight service; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; International trade; Livestock; Logistics
- Old TRIS Terms: Livestock transportation
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00128896
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 74-4519 Proc Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM