PARKING INFORMATION SYSTEMS. CONSEQUENCES FOR ENERGY CONSUMPTION AND AIR POLLUTION
PARKERINGSINFORMATIONSYSTEMER. KONSEKVENSER FOR ENERGIFORBRUG OG LUFTFORURENING
Larger parking information systems are evaluated in relation to their possible influence with regard to energy conservation and air pollution abatement. As a case in point, an analysis of the curent parking situation in Lyngby was based on a detailed registration of the activities of each vehicle parked within the area during a certain period of time. The possible effect of a parking information system on the parking situation in this areq was investigated. It is suggested that the utilization of such a system could result in a 10% reduction of air pollution in areas of towns where parking places are most in demand. However, a parking information system's contribution to energy conservation was found to be negligable.
- U.S. Sales Only. Paper copy only; copy does not permit microfiche production.
Cowiconsult Raadgivende Ingenioere A/SVirum, Denmark
- Publication Date: 1989-8
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air quality management; Catenaries (Railroads); Energy conservation; Parking; Parking facilities; Studies
- Geographic Terms: Denmark
- Old TRIS Terms: Parking studies
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00496252
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NEI-DK-258
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1990 12:00AM