BATTERY DATA BASE FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLE APPLICATIONS
Work is progressing on the development of a battery data base for electric vehicle applications. This data base is intended to provide the electric vehicle community access to the large volume of battery data taken at the Idaho National Engineering Laboratory (INEL), Argonne National Laboratory, ad Sandia National Laboratory on a desk-top PC. The initial version of the data bese will be distributed on a single floppy disk. The data bse will include the physical characteristics of the various batteries tested as well as summary tables showing th etest results for each cycle of the battery test programs. Second-by-second data constant power discharges, peak power tests, and variable power SFUDS cycle tests will also be included in the data base. The data base is being prepared using dBase IV. The user selects the battery and data desired through a series of screen display menus. The design of the data base and menus are complete and INEL battery summary table and data files ar being read into the data base. Nearly 100 MB of data have been prepared for eventual inclusion into the data base.
EG and G Idaho, IncorporatedP.O. Box 1625
Idaho Falls, ID United States 83401
- Publication Date: 1989
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Consumers; Databases; Electric batteries; Electric vehicles; Personal computers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Users
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00496246
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EGG-M-89410, CONF-890160-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1990 12:00AM