MODEL FOR THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM IN CARS
MODEL VOOR HET ELEKTRISCHE SYSTEEM IN EEN AUTO
Over the last few years the use of electrical energy in cars is increasing. At Volvo they are aware of the increasing dema nd. In order to be able to choose an optimal combination of a car generator and an accumulator it is necessary that the electrical system in a car is accessible for commutations. The system consists of the parts alternator, accumulator and loads. Two models for the power electronic part are described: in the first one where the commutations arise in infinitely short intervals; in the second one where the endurance of the commutation is of finite length. A constraint of the model is that it is only valid at constant or slowly varying speeds. The parameters of the model have been measured; the verification has not been carried out because of lack of time.
- Summary in English.
Teknische Hogeschool EindhovenVakgroep Elektromechanica en Vermogenseltronica
- Braam, AJJ
- Publication Date: 1988-12
- Pagination: 200 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternators; Commutators; Electric vehicles; Electrical equipment; Electronic equipment; Generators; Loads; Storage batteries
- Identifier Terms: Volvo Car Corporation
- Old TRIS Terms: Accumulators; Commutated motors; Electronic devices; Electronic means
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I90: Vehicles;
- Accession Number: 00496228
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EMV-88-52
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1990 12:00AM