In order to determine the actual quality of light metal wheels offered by the accessory trade, eleven wheels were subjected to a comprehensive test program. The comparison was carried out on 7 J x 15 H 2 wheels whose special joint feture consists in the fact that they are approved for both the BMW 3 series and the VW Golf. The eleven test participants represent the multitude of design variants: five of them are taken from the popular range of cross spokes wheels, a further five are characterized by spokes styling and one wheel has a disc look.
Motor Industry Research AssociationWatling Street
Nuneaton CV10 0TU, Warwickshire, England
- Wiessmann, K
- Publication Date: 1988-9-9
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Lightweight materials; Specimens; Testing; Wear; Wheels
- Identifier Terms: Volkswagen automobile
- Old TRIS Terms: Design combinations; Test results
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00496219
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MIRA-1990-71
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1990 12:00AM