ECONOMIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES
ECONOMISCHE- EN MILIEU-EFFECTEN VAN ELEKTRISCHE AUTO'S
An economic evaluation of the use of electric vehicles for several European countries, called COST 302, was carried out in 1985. The Netherlands did not participate in this study. In this report the environmental and economic impacts of the large scale introduction of electric vehicles, according to COST 302 methodology, is presented for the Netherlands. For three types of vehicles (passenger cars, light vans and vans) the emission reduction due to replacement by electric cars has been calculated. The environmental benefits, in terms of money, are also quantified. The results are comparable with the results for the other European countries, described in COST 302. The financial advantages or disadvantages for seven types of available electric vehicles from a macro-economic as well as from a micro-economic point of view, are calculated.
Netherlands Energy Research Foundation ECNPetten, Netherlands
- Bakema, G F
- Publication Date: 1989-10
- Pagination: 95 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Alternatives analysis; Automobiles; Cost effectiveness; Costs; Economic impacts; Electric vehicles; Environmental impacts; Light vehicles; Macroeconomics; Microeconomics; Vans
- Geographic Terms: Europe; Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Environment; Finance; Highways; Society; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00496215
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ESC-50
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1990 12:00AM