AIRCRAFT FIRE SAFETY. HELD IN SINTRA (PORTUGAL) ON MAY 22-26, 1989
The Conference Proceedings contains 38 papers on Aircraft Fire Safety. The symposium was arranged in the following sessions: Review of fire related aircraft accidents (3); Fire safety standards and research programmes (6); Aircraft internal fires (9); Aircraft external fires (2); Fire safety of military weapons systems(3); Fire hardening by advanced materials and structural design (8); Passenger behavior in emergency situations (3); and Passenger protective equipment (4). The Technical Evaluation Report and Addendum are included at the beginning of the Proceedings. Questions and answers of the discussions follow each paper. The last AGARD review on the subject took place in 1975, followed by a working Group Report in 1979 and Lecture Series in 1982. Th purpose of the symposium was to review the present state-of-the-art and latest improvements. Although the safety standards in aviation are already very high, there is still room for improvements. These are listed in the conclusions and recommendations of the Technical evaluation Report and in the Addendum.
Advisory Group Aerospace Research and Development7 Rue Ancelle
92 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
- Publication Date: 1989-10
- Pagination: 418 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Aviation; Crashes; Emergencies; Fires; Military organizations; Passengers; Protection; Safety; Safety equipment; Standards; State of the art studies; Structural design; Toxicity; Weapons
- Uncontrolled Terms: Military; Protective equipment; Safety standards
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Highways; Passenger Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00496203
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AGARD-CP-467
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1990 12:00AM