THE USE OF EXISTING FACILITIES FOR TRANSPORTING DISADVANTAGED RESIDENTS OF RURAL AREAS. VOLUME TWO
Volume 2 continues the survey of a variety of programs for improving the mobility of the transportation disadvantaged using only locally available resources--public or private vehicles. The vehicles range from small buses to 7-14 passenger vans to private cars. The programs include volunteer drivers in their own cars, leased personal vehicles, subscription service, transportation service by social service agencies, regular fixed-route/fixed-schedule service, and others. The report is a manual for laymen, based on the authors' suggested planning methodology as demonstrated in a Southeastern rural area. Ten alternative transportation programs were examined for their potential utility. The Delphi technique translated non-quantifiable goals into quantified data.
- See also Volume 1, PB-248 746.
Research Triangle InstituteP.O. Box 12194
Research Triangle Pk, NC United States 27709
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hauser, E W
- Rooks, E H
- Johnston, S A
- MacGillivray, L
- Publication Date: 1975-1-31
- Pagination: 321 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Automobiles; Buses; Constraints; Cost effectiveness; Demand; Economic analysis; Facilities; Low income groups; Manuals; Minibuses; Mobility; Operating costs; Passenger transportation; Persons by socioeconomic levels; Persons with disabilities; Programming (Planning); Regional planning; Routing; Rural areas; Taxicabs; Transportation disadvantaged persons; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Disadvantaged persons
- Old TRIS Terms: Reference groups
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Research; Society;
- Accession Number: 00094035
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: RTI-26U-956-VOL-2 Res. Rpt., FHWA/SES-75/06-2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8261
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 10 1981 12:00AM