A SURVEY OF PUBLIC ATTITUDES TOWARD TRENDS IN PERSONAL INJURY LAWSUITS, THE CIVIL JUSTICE SYSTEM, DRUNK DRIVING AND OTHER TOPICS
The findings are reported from the seventh annual survey of public attitudes on issues affecting the property and casualty insurance industry. The survey was conducted by the All-Industry Research Advisory Council in cooperation with the American Council of Life Insurance, using a joint questionnaire. The survey results are discussed in regard to personal injury lawsuits, fairnness of the civil justice system, jury knowledge of benefits, medical malpractice, awareness of lawsuits trends, drinking and driving behavior, uninsured vehicles and cost of auto insurance. Automobile ownership and purchse of insurance is also discussed.
All-Industry Research Advisory Council1200 Harger Road, Suite 222
Oak Brook, IL United States 60521
- Publication Date: 1986-11
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Automobile insurance; Courts; Data collection; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Injuries; Litigation; Public opinion; Surveys
- Subject Areas: Law; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00496150
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAM 86, HS-039 739
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 31 1990 12:00AM