THE USE OF EXISTING FACILITIES FOR TRANSPORTING DISADVANTAGED RESIDENTS OF RURAL AREAS. VOLUME ONE. GUIDE FOR TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS
This Guide constitutes the first volume of a two-part study. It emphasizes solutions to the transportation problems of the elderly, the handicapped, and the poor people in rural areas. More general treatment has been given to the problems of other transportation disadvantaged groups such as the young and persons in autoless and one-car families. Programs were investigated that were determined to be sufficiently flexible to promote increased use of privately owned automobiles, taxis, vans, or buses by the rural disadvantaged groups.
- See also Volume 2, PB-248 747.
Research Triangle InstituteP.O. Box 12194
Research Triangle Pk, NC USA 27709
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Hauser, E W
- Rooks, E H
- Johnston, S A
- MacGillivray, L
- Publication Date: 1975-1-31
- Pagination: 151 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Automobiles; Buses; Cost effectiveness; Facilities; Level of service; Low income groups; Manuals; Mathematical analysis; Mathematical models; Minibuses; Mobility; Passenger transportation; Persons by socioeconomic levels; Physically handicapped persons; Programming (Planning); Regional planning; Routing; Rural areas; Taxicabs; Transportation disadvantaged persons; Transportation planning; Utilization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Disadvantaged persons; Models; Services
- Old TRIS Terms: Reference groups
- Subject Areas: Highways; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Research; Society;
- Accession Number: 00094034
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: RTI-26U-956-Vol-1, FHWA/SES-75/06-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8261
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 10 1981 12:00AM