NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH-SPEED RAIL PASSENGER SERVICE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT. TASK 11N - DETAILED PHYSICAL PLANT IMPROVEMENTS AND ESTIMATED COSTS (NEW HAVEN, CT. TO BOSTON, MA.). VOLUME II
Using information developed in other tasks of this study, a detailed time-phased, cost improvement plan to accomplish improved high-speed rail passenger service in the NEC is formulated. A complete description of an upgraded NEC facility is developed on a mile-by-mile basis. Dollar costs, time savings and schedules are presented by milepost segments. Criteria are developed for time phasing track improvements, bridge and tunnel improvements, electrification, signaling and facilities to relieve traffic congestion. Estimated cost of the facility improvements between New Haven and Boston is $680,034,000. These improvements could be implemented over a four year phased period. Portions of this document are not fully legible.
- See also Volume 1, PB-247 917.
De Leuw, Cather and Company1201 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Washington, DC United States 20590
- HOWELL, R P
- Kendall, R A
- Ward, J O
- Kraffmiller, S E
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Cost estimating; Estimates; Estimating; High speed track; Improvements; Level of service; Passenger terminals; Passenger transportation; Planning; Railroad bridges; Railroad electrification; Railroad signals; Railroad tracks; Railroad transportation; Railroad tunnels; Reconstruction; Scheduling; Traffic signal control systems; Tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Geographic Terms: Connecticut; Massachusetts; New Haven (Connecticut); Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Signal systems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Bridges and other structures; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00094032
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 2503-15 Final Rpt., FRA/ONECD-75/11
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40026
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 10 1976 12:00AM