NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH-SPEED RAIL PASSENGER SERVICE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT. TASK 1 ON GRADE CROSSINGS AND FENCING
Recommendations for the eliminations of at-grade crossings and provisions of fencing programs for safety on the Northeast Corridor from New Haven to Boston are developed. Construction and land acquisition cost estimates are included. Each at-grade crossing site is discussed in detail, including alternate proposals which were considered. The special crossing problem at New London is investigated. Fencing standards are developed. Alternative applications are discussed. Special problem areas such as commuter stations and overhead bridges are investigated.
- See also PB-243 420.
De Leuw, Cather and Company1201 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Kraffmiller, S E
- Moore, W E
- White, R J
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 213 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost estimating; Estimates; Fences; Grade crossing protection systems; Intersections; Passenger transportation; Property acquisition; Railroad grade crossings; Railroad stations; Railroad transportation; Safety; Safety engineering; Standards
- Geographic Terms: Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Grade crossing elimination; Grade crossing protection; Grade crossing safety
- Subject Areas: Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00094029
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 2503-10 Final Rpt., 2503-11
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40026
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 10 1976 12:00AM