FRONTAL CRASH RESPONSES: CAR-TO-CAR OFFSET FRONTAL CRASH TEST OF A 1984 HONDA ACCORD WITH A CLOSING VELOCITY OF 59.3 MPH
This test report documents one of a series of crash tests conducted to evaluate Part 572 and Hybrid III dummy responses in both the restrained and unrestrained environment, and to catalog vehicle structural responses from a variety of crash configurations. This test report also documents steering column performance of both test vehicles. Testing was conducted with two 1984 Honda Accord 4-door Sedan at the TRCO Crash Test Facility. The Honda Accord was towed into the other Honda Accord at 0 deg with a closing velocity of 59.3 mph and an offset of 31.1 inches. One Hybrid III dummy was located in the driver's designated seating position in the subject vehicle. One Hybrid III dummy was located in the right driver's designated seating position and one Hybrid III dummy ws located in the right front seating position in the partner vehicle. The test date was July 24, 1985 and the ambient temperature was 82 deg F.
East Liberty, OH United States 43319
- Wade, B
- Publication Date: 1985-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 247 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash injury research; Crashes; Crashworthiness; Dummies; Frontal crashes; Research; Vehicle tests
- Identifier Terms: Honda Giken Kogyo Kabushiki Kaisha
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00495889
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 850724, HS-806 833
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 31 1990 12:00AM