SAFETY STUDY. TRAINING, LICENSING, AND QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDS FOR DRIVERS OF HEAVY TRUCKS
This study examines the process of preparation for employment as truck drivers and their placing in service. The Safety Board has established a training requirement that also requires that truck drivers demonstrate their skills before graduating. When validated training standards are available, a system should be adopted for using to assess schools' courses of study. The Safety Board has reviewed the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, pointing out loopholes and suggesting improvements. The Safety Board has recommended the development of a national license for truck drivers. The Board has reviewed and made recommendatios to improve the National Driver Register.
National Transportation Safety BoardBureau of Safety Programs, 800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20594
- Publication Date: 1986-4-17
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 128 p.
- TRT Terms: Curricula; Driver licensing; Driver training; Heavy duty trucks; Regulations; Standards; Truck drivers
- Identifier Terms: National Driver Register
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Law; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00495842
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB/SS-86/02, HS-039 891
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1990 12:00AM