URBAN DATA BOOK. VOLUME I. URBAN DATA: ATLANTA - MIAMI
A quick reference compilation of certain population, socio-economic, employment, and modal split characteristics of the 35 largest Standard Metropolitan Statistical Areas (SMSA) in the United States is presented. The three basic groups or urban data presented are population, socio-economic, and employment. The population data include population totals and densities for the various segments of each of the individual SMSA's (CBD, Central City, Urbanized Area, and SMSA). Also included are population totals by concentric urban rings and population density plots (dot, contour, and isometric views). The urban ring data combined with the population density plots can be used for identifying existing urban corridors. The socio-economic data compiled by concentric urban rings include: median female and male age, proportion of population 65 years and older, median family income, number of households and families, number of home-owners and renters, average home value and average rent paid, and auto ownership. The employment data found in this report include: home-to-work flows, employment and worker densities, and a modal split distribution for each of the 35 SMSA's.
- Prepared in cooperation with Union Carbide Corp., Oak Ridge, Tenn. Nuclear Div.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
Union Carbide CorporationNuclear Division
Oak Ridge, TN USA 37830
- Bronitsky, L
- COSTELLO, M
- Haaland, C
- Schiff, S
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 174 p.
- TRT Terms: Census; Central business districts; City planning; Data banks; Employment; Metropolitan areas; Modal split; Persons by socioeconomic levels; Population; Socioeconomic factors; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data; Socioeconomic data
- Old TRIS Terms: Central city; Standard metropolitan statistical area; Urban data banks
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Highways; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00094017
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-75-45.I Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 10 1981 12:00AM