DYNAMIC RESPONSE OF BRIDGES TO SEISMICALLY INDUCED GROUND VIBRATIONS. PHASE 1 - PILOT FIELD TESTS - STRONG-MOTION INSTRUMENT INSTALLATION
Strong-motion accelerometers were installed on bridges located in three seismically active areas in California as a pilot project to assess installation problems and to compare usefulness of data furnished by different types of instruments, including the Teledyne-Geotech, Model RRA-100, and the Nimbus, Model TMA-100, accelerographs, and the Engdahl, Model PSR1200-SL, Peak-Shock Recorder. Instruments were installed during construction and on existing bridges. General guidelines and recommendations for future installations are presented. Data obtained from these installations during future seismic events will be used to assess validity of assumptions and analytical tools employed in the design process.
- Prepared in cooperation with California State Business and Transportation Agency, Sacramento.
Sacramento, CA USA 95814
Washington, DC USA 20590
California Business and Transportation Agency2829 Juan Street
San Diego, CA USA 92110
- Gates, J H
- Davis, R E
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Accelerometers; Bridges; Building; Dislocation (Geology); Dynamic loads; Earthquakes; Elastic waves; Facilities; Field tests; Highway bridges; Installation; Instrumentation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response
- Geographic Terms: California
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00094005
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CADOTDS-4164-75-5, FHWA-RD-75-S0423
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 10 2003 12:00AM