VEHICLE THEFT PREVENTION STANDARD AND SELECTION OF COVERED MAJOR PARTS - MOTOR VEHICLE THEFT LAW ENFORCEMENT ACT OF 1984
This rule establishes a vehicle theft prevention standard, as required by the Motor Vehicle Theft Law Enforcement Act of 1984. The standard contains performance requirements for inscribing or affixing identification numbers onto original equipment major parts and the replacement parts for those original equipment parts on passenger motor vehicle lines selected as high theft lines. The rule also specifies which parts are the major parts that must be so identified. Finally, it sets forth the manner and form for certifying compliance with the standard.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1985-10-17
- Pagination: 146 p.
- TRT Terms: Certification; Compliance; Motor vehicles; Prevention; Standards; Theft; Vehicle components
- Identifier Terms: Motor Vehicle Theft Law Enforcement Act of 1984
- Old TRIS Terms: Identifying number
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00495601
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-039 484
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1990 12:00AM