AIRCRAFT NOISE DEFINITION. PHASE II. ANALYSIS OF FLYOVER-NOISE DATA FOR THE DC-8-61 AIRCRAFT
Phase 2 of the 'Aircraft Noise Definition' program consisted of a DC-8-61 flight test program with an objective to improve the statistical accuracy of the noise data reported in Phase 1 of the program and to broaden the data to include measurements at long distances and at a thrust required for a steep approach. Noise measurements were made during flyovers up to an altitude of 8000 feet, at sideline distances up to 8000 feet and at target thrusts of 15,000, 10,000, 5000, 3200, and 2000 pounds. This document reports the data acquisitions, the analysis procedure, and the results in terms of variations in reference-day EPNL and A-weighted sound level with slant range; overhead to sideline noise level relationship; and data showing lateral noise attenuations. Data accuracy is described in terms of assignable confidence limits.
- See also report dated Aug 73, AD-A016 278.
Douglas Aircraft Company, Incorporated3855 Lakewood Boulevard
Long Beach, CA United States 90801
Washington, DC United States 20591
- DeLapp, R E
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Pagination: 172 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Aircraft noise; Altitude; Atmosphere; Civil aircraft; Confidence limits; Data collection; Databases; Definitions; Distance; Environment; Flight paths; Flight tests; Information processing; Intercity transportation; Jet propelled aircraft; Measurement; Noise; Overpasses; Stratosphere; Thrust; Variables; Weather
- Identifier Terms: McDonnell Douglas DC-8
- Uncontrolled Terms: Attenuation; Noise measurement
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Flyby; Long range distance; Propagation; Upper atmosphere; Variations
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00093979
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-EQ-74-5 Final Rpt., MDC-J4443
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA73WA-3161
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 10 1976 12:00AM