THE EFFECTIVENESS AND FEASIBILITY OF A TRISNET REGIONAL CENTER INFORMATION TRANSFER
The National Network of Transportation Research Information Services (TRISNET) will include a series of regional centers to provide local access to the network and loans and photocopies of transportation documents cited in the TRIS abstracting/indexing services. This project investigated the role of the regional center through the offer of services to the transportation community (state and local government and private industry) in the Chicago metropolitan area. The study of user behavior patterns and acceptance of individual services establishes regional center functions: document delivery, TRIS-On-Line searches, referral to other TRISNET components and user feedback to TRISNET management. Regional centers should be located in areas of diversified transportation activity, capitalizing on existing general transportation information resources. Additional recommendations include regional center funding, charges, marketing and specialized products for TRISNET.
- Prepared for U.S. Department of Transportation, Program of University Research.
Northwestern University, EvanstonTransportation Center, Leverone Hall
Evanston, IL United States 60201
- Rath, G J
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Information organization; Technology transfer; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Information transfer
- Old TRIS Terms: Information user studies; Transportation information; Trisnet
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Education and Training; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00128834
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University, Evanston
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TST-76-36 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-40090
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 21 1976 12:00AM