THE PROTECTIVE EFFECT OF LINER SHIPPING FREIGHT RATES
Deviation of freight rates from marginal transportation costs have a protective (positive or negative) effect on industry, not unlike the protective effect of customs tariffs. Whereas the latter is dealt with widely in the literature, the former subject is not. In this report, the theory of effective protection as developed for tariffs is extended to freight rates and applied to the case of Israel.
Israel Shipping Research InstituteP.O.B. 1860
Haifa 33033, Israel
- Shneerson, D
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight traffic; Rate making; Rates; Tariffs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Freight rates
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00128833
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Israel Shipping Research Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 21 1976 12:00AM