A STUDY OF THE DECLINE OF TRADE AT THE PORTS OF TORONTO
A comprehensive analysis of the shipping decline experienced in recent years by one of the major Great Lakes' ports. The particular circumstances of Toronto are described at some length, but the analysis also throws light both on the competitive situation of all of the major ports of Eastern Canada, and on the general factors (such as containerization) causing changes in shipping patterns and ports throughout the world.
Toronto University-York University, CanadaToronto, ONo, Canada
- Ramalsingh, R D
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 76 p.
- TRT Terms: Container terminals; Port operations; Ports; Productivity; Surveys
- Geographic Terms: Canada; Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Port surveys
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00128823
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Toronto University-York University, Canada
- Report/Paper Numbers: Reprint No. 7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 21 1976 12:00AM