NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH SPEED RAIL PASSENGER SERVICE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT. TASK 7B - SHOPS AND YARD FACILITIES
The purpose of the report is to formulate functional design criteria for 'CorridorRail' revenue vehicle inspection, servicing, maintenance and repair for locomotives, cars and right-of-way maintenance equipment including signal and communication equipment. The purpose is to assure that the development of maintenance and servicing techniques for the 'CorridorRail' has the full benefit of technology developed in the past as well as that currently being developed for railroad passenger service. Efficient operation of an inter-city railroad passenger service requires the availability of a completely reliable service fleet of clean revenue cars sufficient to maintain advertised schedule service, while minimizing the total number of cars required. In order to accomplish this goal, the philosophy of planned maintenance is to perform all rebuild and heavy repair at Washington Terminal, the southern terminal point of the corridor and perform service, inspection and limited repair at Philadelphia, New York and Boston.
- See also PB-242 444.
De Leuw, Cather and CompanyDenver, CO United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 242 p.
- TRT Terms: Equipment maintenance; Inspection; Locomotives; Maintenance; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Passenger terminals; Passenger transportation; Planning; Railroad cars; Railroad signals; Railroad terminals; Rapid transit; Service stations; Signal devices; Vehicle maintenance
- Geographic Terms: Connecticut; Massachusetts; Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive maintenance; Passenger car servicing facilities; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Maintenance and Preservation; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00093935
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., FRA/ONECD-75/7B
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40026
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 10 1976 12:00AM