MAGNETIC LEVITATION FOR RAIL TRANSPORTATION. JANUARY 1971-NOVEMBER 1989 (CITATIONS FROM THE COMPENDEX DATABASE)
This bibliography contains citations concerning the design, implementation, and utilization of magnetic levitation systems for rail transportation. Guideway materials, propulsion systems, dynamic instability, power losses, and control systems are among the topics discussed. Magnetic levitation systems in operation are examined, including those in Japan, England, West Germany and Canada. The application of this technology to urban transportation planning is considered. (This updated bibliography contains 370 citations, 92 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
- Supersedes PB89-851745.
Alexandria, VA United States 22312
- Publication Date: 1989-12
- Pagination: 150 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Design; Guideways; Implementation; Magnetic levitation; Propulsion; Railroad transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Utilization; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00495238
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1990 12:00AM