PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON MARINE TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
A series of open, candid discussions among a diverse group of maritime interests to identify all the major problem areas in the marine transportation system and define the conflicting interests that may have to be resolved to develop effective solutions. The main areas of discussion were Marine Traffic Management, Personnel Training and Evaluation, Federal Roles in Maritime Transportation System Management. Reports on the following workshops are included: Waterway Operations; Systems Safety and Maintenance; Management and Training; and New Technology Assessment and System Design.
- Sponsored by U.S. Coast Guard with Army Corps of Engineers and Maritime Administration.
University of Delaware, NewarkCollege of Marine Studies
Newark, DE United States 19716
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 132 p.
- TRT Terms: Domestic; Improvements; Marine transit; Shipping; Systems analysis; Traffic control; Training; Transportation; Transportation policy; Water transportation; Waterways
- Old TRIS Terms: Transport policies/national; Transportation system analysis; Waterway improvement
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00128822
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: University of Delaware, Newark
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-52946-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 21 1978 12:00AM