NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH-SPEED RAIL PASSENGER SERVICE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT. TASK 11N - DETAILED PHYSICAL PLANT IMPROVEMENTS AND ESTIMATED COSTS (NEW HAVEN, CT. TO BOSTON, MA.) VOLUME I
Using information developed in other tasks of this study, a detailed time-phased, costed improvement plan to accomplish improved high-speed rail passenger service in the Northeast Corrider (NEC) is formulated. A complete description of an upgraded NEC facility is developed on a mile-by-mile basis. Dollar costs, time savings and schedules are presented by milepost segments. Criteria are developed for time phasing track improvements, bridge and tunnel improvements, electrification, signaling and facilities to relieve traffic congestion. Estimated cost of the facility improvements between New Haven and Boston is $680,034,000. These improvements could be implemented over a four year phased period.
- See also PB-247 918.
De Leuw, Cather and CompanyDenver, CO United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- HOWELL, R P
- Kendall, R A
- Ward, J O
- Kraffmiller, S E
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 105 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Bridges; Construction projects; Cost estimating; Estimates; Estimating; High speed track; Improvements; Level of service; Passenger transportation; Planning; Railroad electrification; Railroad signals; Railroad tracks; Railroad tunnels; Rapid transit; Reconstruction; Scheduling; Traffic signal control systems; Tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Geographic Terms: Connecticut; Massachusetts; Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways; Signal systems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Bridges and other structures; Construction; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00093934
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 2503-15 Final Rpt., FRA/ONECD-75/11N-Vol-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40026
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 10 1976 12:00AM